attacking the road for an aggressive promotional tour
for the their new album Fever In Fever Out descend
in a big way onto the Internet. The second of six
shows prior to the release finds them in the heart of San
Francisco at the historial
Great American Music Hall,
where MediaCast and
Capitol Records proudly
present them in this live netcast.
- The live broadcast is scheduled to start Sat Oct 19, 1996 at
10pm (rock show time). We expect Luscious Jackson to take the
stage at approximately 10:30pm. The show will be streamed
live using Xing Streamworks for both audio and video. You will
need a Xing player to receive the live audio/video and a modern
browser (such as Netscape or MSIE) to view the other content from
onsite. To attempt to help you through this process, we've included
the following form for you-- simply fill it out and press Go!
and you will receive pointers to all of the software you need!
- At the top of this page is a navigation bar to take you into
the different areas where we will be presenting content. A
similar version of this navigation bar will appear on the
top of all other areas of the site. Here
is a quick reference table as to what is where:
the page of information and links to start
receiving the live audio & video stream.
a digital photo gallery of what it's like to actually
be there-- the venue, the fans, sneak a peak backstage,
and the band (of course!)
Addicted To Noise
correspondent Rebecca Eisenberg is going to be on the
scene working hand in hand with MediaCast to bring you the
scene in good old fashioned text. plans are for a few
reports throughout the night which cover what sort of
people are there, what the scene backstage looks like,
a quick interview with the band, and a review once the
show is over.
this will take you right back to the information
- still can't get enough of the band? want to know more about them
before (& after) the show? well, the first and foremost place
you'll want to look is over on the
Capitol Records' Hollywood & Vine web site.
another great source of information is to search with one of the
popular search engines on the 'Net, such as Yahoo:
- consider this our version of those long-winded academy awards
speeches where we go on and on and on and
on about everyone who has helped us at
MediaCast put this event together.
- On location staff to interview the band, as
well as produce reviews of the show which will be available
on both the ATN and MediaCast sites.
- San Francisco based Internet Service Provider who
is supplying the network dial-up for the show.
- Supplying the ISDN modems and ethernet
hubs which facilitate the transfer of content from the venue to
- Internet Co-location company supplying the
backbone and bandwidth for the event.
- On-location crew:
- GAMH Tech Support - Sheri Harshberger
- Production Coordinator - Jon Fox
- Tech Dir / Webmaster - Jon Luini
- Networking / Audio Tech / Roving Video - Eric Davis
- Html / Living Web Page Integrator - Ishak Kang
- Writer / Interviewer - Rebecca Eisenberg
- Digital Still Photographers - Matt Carden and Jack Satta
- Roving Video and Photography - Eric Harshberger
- Photography / Audio Tech - Cory Smith
- Betacam Video Crew - Michael West and Ian Wadsworth
Copyright © 1996 MediaCast
Last updated 96-10-18 by falcon